Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend in Pictures: Everybody Wants To Be A Tar Heel!

This week's edition of Weekend in Pictures is limited to one photograph.


Not sure of who that is? Maybe this will jog your memory.




Now, before you go to making comments on my post trying to justify his light blue braclet, his appearance behind the Tar Heel bench and his clapping along with the Carolina fight song with the excuse that his brother is our quarterback, I have something to say.


# 1. His brother is our backup quarterback.


# 2. I DON'T CARE!


Let's say one of my siblings was to loose their mind and decide to participate in some sort of athletics at Dook. Sure, I would be supportive of my loved one, but under NO circumstances would I ever sport anything resembling the filth of a Blue Devil or would I ever clap along to the fight song. You best believe that I would roll up to Durham head to toe in light blue chanting U-N-C Go Heels Go! the whole way. And, before you say, well, they weren't playing Dook. So? Who cares?

And, Paula rolling up in the middle of enemy territory wasn't the only kooky thing to go down that night.





The skydivers delivered the ball to the wrong stadium. How one confuses Kenan Stadium with Wallace Wade is beyond me. Did the pilot not notice the lack of spectators or the fact that Wallace Wade looks like a track and field stadium? Hmm. He was probably a State grad.

And, to wrap it all up, there was a hour and a half lightening delay that resulted in the scoreboard going out and I heard rumors about concrete rocks falling in the stands. I hope this isn't a sign of the times to come for the 2008 Carolina football season.

No comments: