Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Go Green!

My friends Sonya and Thayer have moved to Portland where shopping without reusable bags will result in extradition from the city. Recently, when they were in town, we discussed the reusable bag and how easy it is to bring your own bags to the local grocery and do something good for the environment at the same time. I decided that using my own shopping bags instead of plastic ones was going to be a mini-goal for 2008.

So, imagine how excited I was today to hear that Whole Foods was giving away free reusable shopping bags today as part of their BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag) campaign! Plastic bags will no longer be available after April 2008 in the store. Unfortunately, I arrived after the promotion ended, but still bought two cute bags for $4. Super cheap and super great for the environment! Yea! Go Green!

No comments: