Monday, March 3, 2008

Here Am I! Send Me!

I recently received my official invitation to join a short term missions team at my church! We will be going to Asia this spring and our team will be involved with the caring and ministering to orphans. We will spend each day getting to know the boys and girls through various activities like Vacation Bible School-style programs. I feel so blessed that God is providing me an opportunity to share His love with these children and let them know that they have a Heavenly Father that loves them more than anyone on Earth every will.

“But how can people call for help if they don’t know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven’t heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them?” Romans 10:14 (The Message)

I am so excited about the upcoming trip! God continues to fuel my passion to serve Him more and more every day. It overwhelms me to look over the past couple of years and brings tears to my eyes to see how He has been preparing me and how everything works just so perfect because it IS His perfect will! Please pray for this trip as the logistics are ironed out and pray that God will use our team as He sees fit and that the Holy Spirit will move in a mighty way in Asia.

“My Word…will not return to me empty but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.” Isaiah 55:11 (NIV)

No comments: