Thursday, June 12, 2008

No Follow Through

I'm training for my second 26.2 and am having a hard time running in the evenings in this horrible heat. It is summer time in the south ya'll!

So, I made plans to meet some running club buddies at 5:30 this morning to run. I did provide my disclaimer ahead of time that I am NOT a morning person and if I didn't show up to go on without me. Well, before I went to bed last night, I did my quick prayer that I always do thanking God for the day and my family and being healthy and living in America, etc., etc. Well, I threw in a little diddy about how I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want to become a morning person and start running and doing devos before work.* Sure enough, I woke up around 4:45 before my alarm was to go off at 5:00. But, my lazy nature kicked in and the last thing I wanted to do was get up to run four miles. So, I turned off the alarm and proceeded to spend the next hour and a half tossing and turning and NOT sleeping. Completely wasting my morning away. I guess when you ask for it, He'll give it to you and shame on me for not following through on my request.

As for my morning time routine, I'm going to start getting up if it kills me! New goal for 2008! Ha - I'll let you know how it goes.

*When I was in China, I went to bed no later than 10:00 every night and woke up at 5:30 every morning and ABSOLUTELY loved it! I had two hours to shower, eat breakfast and spend time doing devo and whatever else I wanted. IT WAS AWESOME and I really want to do it in my everyday life now.

No comments: