Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm a Little Disappointed Right Now


It's official. I have sold my bib for the Portland Marathon. Just to back fill in case you've forgotten, I was planning on running the Portland Marathon on October 5 with my friends Sonya and Thayer. Sonya is injured and has been advised not to run the race. I have been plum lazy and haven't trained and have decided to back out. I feel like a quitter.

I didn't realize how hard it would be to train during the summer. And, I am a little burned out on running right now. I realized that I've been training for something pretty much non-stop since last August and I need a break. But, I'm not going to let all of my training waste away and am going to run the Outerbanks Half Marathon in November. Then, I'm taking a break and picking up something new.

I'll let you know how it goes.
But, on a happy note, I'm still going to Portland in one week!

2 comments:

Brantley said...

nice use of lolcat

That's ok... at least you're doing one race. I didn't even sign up for that one.

Tonya & Michael said...

Oooh! Have fun in Portland. Now you won't have to worry about the stress of a race during your trip! And you better kick some booty at the OBX 1/2.