Monday, September 15, 2008

Where Do You Go, My Lovely

Yup, you’re probably all singing that song to me right now. I know. I know. I disappointed you greatly last week. My wit was not bestowed upon you and you are sad. Alas, I am back and I am ready to provide my excuses for what was up.

I’m not going to get to much into it, but I had some distractions last week, things were a little crazy and It’s More Than A Drawl, Ya’ll suffered as a result. I apologize.

Also, last week was back to bible study time for Ashely. Kids go back to school. Ashely goes back to church. Well, I never left, really, but all of the fall activities kicked in this week and I was busy, busy, busy.

Bible Study Fellowship started on Monday. We’re studying the life of Moses this year and I’m super excited about it. I think Moses and I would be pals. I just envision him to be this Jerry Garcia-ish hippie roaming about the desert with some long gray rockin’ dreads. D.L. Moody said that Moses spent 40 years learning something, 40 years learning to be nothing and a final 40 years proving God to be everything. I love that. Hopefully, God’s going to teach me a lot over the next year and I hope to share that with you here on The Drawl.

The CYC girl’s bible study is still in full swing. We’re currently in chapter four of James. If you haven’t really taken the time to study James, I highly recommend that you do it. Small book. Lots of application.

And, finally, Greenhouse is rounding out my fall schedule. Greenhouse is a required class that you have to take in order to become a member of Colonial Baptist Church.

Oh, and I have a marathon on October 5 and a half marathon on November 9.

So, those are my excuses for being MIA. It’s my goal to not let it happen again. I expect you to hold me accountable.

1 comment:

Brantley said...

I don't want to hear your excuses. Lets see some of that typical Ashely wit.