Monday, September 21, 2009

I went a couponing...

I went a couponing this evening. It was the first time that I've tried it and I don't think I did to bad for a newbie. I had heard about couponing from some ladies at church and stumbled across the blogs of some SERIOUS couponers. My number one question for these bloggers is WHERE DO YOU KEEP THE STUFF? Are you next in line to be on an episode of hoarders? But, while where they keep the stuff is their business, I did appreciate the tips.

Harris Teeter is running triple coupons through tomorrow. I followed the rules and browsed my circular and went in ready to shop. It took quite a bit longer than a regular trip, but I think it was worth it.

My lessons learned:
-you can only triple coupons up to 99 cents
-you can only triple the coupons outta the newspaper (so my smart attempt at googling for coupons based on the circulart backfired)

So, here's the breakdown on my first trip: I spent $22.51 and saved $21.30 in coupons and $11.25 in VIC savings. Pretty good I think...especially considering two items in my cart were Ben & Jerry pints! Oooo...I hear the freezer calling me....

1 comment:

Brantley said...

That's awesome! I've tried to do that but I never know where to get the coupons and when the triple coupon days are.