Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Go Shorty. It's Your Birthday. We're Gonna Party...

July 4 was my daddy's (or as I say it 'deady') birthday! Yup, he's a firecracker all right!
Things I've come to realize about my dad now that I am an adult:
-Along with two other parents, my daddy started a "ponytail" softball league with three pick up teams so that his daughters would have a sport to play as Dixie Youth was the only other option. Today, that league is run by the county rec department and has expanded to include hundreds of young girls!
-Making us go to church was well worth it! I praise God that I grew up in a Christian home with godly parents who continously prayed that He would complete the good work that He started in me!
-Being able to check my car oil is a worthwhile skill.
-Sacrifice. 'Free time' is something I feel like I never have enough of. I've come to realize that my parents made a huge sacrifice of their simple free time so that my siblings and I could play in 20,000 different sports leagues.
-And, you know, he was on to something else. Money doesn't grow on trees!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DADDY! I love you!
Me and my deady at the Kiawah Island Marathon

No comments: