Thursday, October 29, 2009

High on the Hog: Writing to Companies

Kristin over at Couponing to Disney has a series called 5 A Day. The idea behind 5 A Day is that you can write to companies and receive coupons/free product just for providing feedback. She explains in more detail of how to do this here.

At first, I was like this is a little whack, time consuming and simply crazy lady, but then I got to thinking about my friends at the Starbucks near church. I thought someone really needs to tell Starbucks corporate how awesome they really are. Thus, I decided to play 5 A Day (which is really one a day for me). So far, I've only sent notes into Caribou Coffee, Starbucks and Scrubbing Bubbles. Yes, Scrubbing Bubbles is random, but I'm almost out of it.

Starbucks has not responded. Caribou simply said thanks. Scrubbing Bubbles (aka SC Johnson) on the other hand, is sending me a coupon booklet and the customer service rep filled me in on which products are safe for my refurbished tub! So helpful! I hope my booklet arrives before I need to buy a new bottle of product.

And, yes, I am fully aware that I am now officially crazy.

1 comment:

Brantley said...

I love this! What a good idea to write companies you think you'll be buying their product again soon.

I just bought the newspaper so that is step one. Also I loaded my kroger card with ecoupons for the next time I shop. Now I just need to start watching for specials and start writing some letters. You'll have to post the ones that actually worked.