Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mall Walker

I know, I know. I owe you guys two days worth of food diary posts. I was swamped at work today and had lunch and after work appointments so the blogging had to be delayed.

My after work appointment was my 60K service at Leith Honda. I'm going to plug Leith Honda here so just hold on a minute while I do so. (They haven't paid me to do so. I'm just a super happy customer!) My old service advisor left the company and their team didn't skip a beat with keeping this customer satisfied. I bought my car there in 2006 and have it serviced regularly. They are honest and just super nice people! I highly recommend them (and a Honda!)!

Okay, enough with the plug....the point is that my service was going to take three hours so they shuttled me to Triangle Town Center to kill some time. Since I missed the gym this morning, I decided to walk the mall. I didn't realize it was such a popular activity! There were probably at least 10 other people mall walkin' as well! I felt a little geriatric and weird with my backpack, but I'm glad I did it!

I walked pretty briskly for 35 minutes. Each end of the mall has an escalator so when I got to the end, I would go down and up the stairs quickly and then continue walking. All in all, I broke a sweat and felt pretty good about myself in the end! Cooldown was window shopping at Z Gallerie. :) I gotta make a note to tell Cheri about this mall walking stuff. I do believe she'll be a fan.

Oh, and Karen and I walked for 30ish minutes Wednesday night. It wasn't a rigorous workout, but at least it was something!

No comments: