Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Paid Money To Read This: Bizarre Workouts

Last month, I did a post criticzing an article in Shape magazine. I pondered cancelling my subscription, but the wise MeMaw Martin suggested that I turn it into a blog series. So, without further ado, here is this month's I Paid Money To Read This.

This month's issue of Shape really didn't have an pearls of journalism wisdom in it like the gas article from last month. However, it did feature the most bizarre workout I have ever seen.

Exhibit A:


Crunch is now offering an anti-gravity yoga "wings" class where participants use a hammock to "stretch further and hold challenging postures longer." I've done regular old yoga once and pretty much did not enjoy it. Needless to say, the teacher did not enjoy me nor my friends nor our giggling. How was I to know she was saying "namaste" and not "Amadeus?" So, as for wings yoga, I think I'll pass. I can only imagine how much that teacher would hate me and my giggles if I had to try to hang upside down in that hammock thing. Oh, man!

No comments: